You can find a product card in the Administration panel\Products\Products and dishes.
We use the Products term as a general designation for Goods, Ingredients, Dishes, Semi-finished products and Services.
Product card fields are intended to specify:
- Products are common goods that you can sell or buy. Products don’t have any job order cost card. They can be determined as ingredients of dishes or semi-finished. As soon as a dish is sold, the sold quantity of products is written-off automatically by the Products write-off document.
- Ingredients are components of dishes or semi-finished products. Ingredients are not visible on the tablet as it is supposed that they cannot be sold. If you need to sell ingredients, set the Type value equal to Products in the Products card
- A Dish is made of Products and Ingredients (Chicken Kiev and Blueberry Martini cocktail) and it can be sold. Dish components are defined on the Job order cost card tab. After being sold the Dish components are written-off by the Food services production document. If a Dish is composed of another Dish or Semi-finished product, the components of these ones will be also added to be written-off.
- Semi-finished products are the same as Products. This kind of category was created to easily distinguish dishes from semi-products.
- Services represent intangible goods that can be sold and bought. But when a service is sold or bought, no warehouse movement is generated.
- Selling price is a price written by default in the Price list (Menu) of the tablet. The price is indicated for a base unit. In the Price list (Menu) you have the possibility to set a price other than the one indicated in the Products reference book.
- Barcode allows you to simplify products selection when executing selling or werahouse operations.
- Weight items, this field defines if it’s necessary to input weight for products being sold. It can be used both for weighted and draught products.
- Not present in price list, this field is intended to make products invisible in the Price list (Menu) of the tablet.
- Min. stock balance represents a minimum products stock that must be in the warehouse. If a Stock balance drops under the minimum quantity, the corresponding line will be highlighted in red in the Stock balance and Products stocks movements report.
- Recommended balance represents a products balance while achieving of which it is recommended to produce a request. If a Stock balance drops under the recommended quantity, the corresponding line will be highlighted in yellow in the Stock balance and Products stocks movements report
- Coef. of shrinkage – the coefficient of shrinkage or frying is the coefficient determining the change in the weight of the product during its preparation or storage
Last receipt price value can be defined automatically by the Products receipt document or it can be set manually. This field is used to define a product’s price during writing-off or calculation of a dish’s cost price when this product is absent in the stock balance and it’s impossible to determine its average-weighted price.
Min. the number for the auto-claim – with the option for automatic creation of orders for limits – determines the quantity of goods that will be ordered automatically if the balance becomes less than the established limit. The auto-create mode is activated by the Automatic item creation buttons for items whose balance is less than the minimum allowable value and automatically create an order for the item at positions that are less than the recommended amount in the Settings \ Accounting Policy section
Automatically create a purchase requisition for items whose balance is less than the minimum allowable
Unit. Measurements in which a parish can be drawn up – provides a list of possible options for recalculation in the base unit, taking into account the conversion factor. Typically used to recalculate the quantity of goods recorded in different packages
- Base meas. unit – Basic unit of measure – defines the unit of measure in relation to which the other units of measurement will be recalculated
Units of measure in which the arrival can be made – the unit conversion table in relation to the basic unit
- Min. qty for auto request – with the option for automatic creation of orders for limits – determines the quantity of goods that will be ordered automatically if the balance becomes less than the established limit. The auto-create mode is activated by the Automatic item creation buttons for items whose balance is less than the minimum allowable value and automatically create an order for the item at positions that are less than the recommended amount in the Settings \ Accounting Policy section
- Units of measure in which the arrival can be made out presents a list of possible variants of recounting to the base unit, taking into account the conversion factor. Typically used to recalculate the quantity of goods recorded in different packages
Sell price tab:
It allows you to set different prices in different menus on the same goods
- Print category – determines the location of the printing of the counter, for example, the kitchen, where the dish will be cooked
- Extra print category – determines the additional printing space of the counter, such as the kitchen, where the dish will be cooked
- Fiscal Group – defines a fiscal group for accounting taxes
- Class category – defines the category of a dish, for example a dish for breakfast
- Organization – allows you to link the goods to enterprises with different forms of ownership
- Public modifier – the product is a modifier available for all dishes
- Vendor code – the code used for communication of goods with third-party systems
Nutritional value tab:
You can take into account the nutritional values for use as recommendations to your clients for observing the optimal diet. With the help of the Program, you can keep a record of the content of fats, proteins, carbohydrates, calories in dishes.
Indicators of nutritional value of Calories, Fats, Proteins and Carbohydrates are taken into Nutritional value tab.
The program automatically calculates nutritional values for dishes consisting of several products and ingredients.
Accounting for the nutritional values of the dishes is based on the pricing card of the dish. In the calculation card, a list of products and ingredients of the dish is made.
Preliminary in the cards of the product of products and ingredients of the ingredients of the dish, it is necessary to take into account the nutritional values characteristic of them.
The recalculation of nutritional values after updating the ingredients of the dish, occurs when you click Calc. cost price on the Recipe tab.
allows you to download, change or delete a photo of the product. In cases where it is necessary to have several images of the product, for example to show a slideshow in the electronic menu, use Adding images to menu products in the Administration panel \ Products \ Price list Items