You can use the following operating modes of till:
- Till shifts
- Without Till shifts (by days)
If you need to work in the Till shifts mode:
— clear the flag in the Administration panel: Settings\Establishments\Manual closing of Till shifts
— set the flag in the application SmartTouch POS: Main menu\Settings\Manual closing of Till shifts
After having modified the operating mode settings of the till, sign in once again to the application SmartTouch POS.
Woking in the SmartTouch POS application while in Till shifts mode, the Close the current Till shift and open a new one button will become available.
Till operations are performed in the Mobile application\Cash section. You can perform the following operations:
- Close the current shift and open a new one: While closing a Till shift, the program will display an imputed balance in the cash drawer and propose to enter an actual balance. If the actual balance is not equal to the imputed one, the program will create an adjusting transaction. The results of this transaction will be displayed in the Administration panel: Orders\Cash register correction and Finance\Cash Report.
- Internal payment: Use the Cash depositing button.
- Internal withdrawal: Use the Cash withdrawal button.
- Outgoing payment represents the payment for the Products arrived to the Point of sale.
- Produce X-report: Use the Daily X-report button.
You can add comments for each cash register operation. These comments will be visible both in reports and in the list of orders on the Administration panel screen.
If you press the POS-terminal block on the tablet, then when you enter the PIN code to access the mobile app in the “Auth” button will appear allowing the user to complete the current shift.
The sales results you can see:
* in the mobile application:
Reports\By payment methods
Reports \By checks
Reports \By selling
Buttons with left\right arrows allow selecting a day of selling (previous\next) to overview.
* in the Administration panel: Finance\Cash Report
If you work with a fiscal printer:
* You will have to generate a Z-report. This report type is used by the fiscal authorities to control entrepreneurs activities. A cashier generates a Z-report at the end of his\her shift to collect the cash drawer and transfer the total to the administrator (if there is one).
After printing the Z-report, the cashier removes the cash from the cash drawer. Z-report data are recorded in the cash book:
— Z-report number
— cash total at the beginning of the workday (Shift)
— cash total at the end of the workday (Shift)
— sales revenue per Shift
— report generation date
— payments on a clearing basis
* to track each cash drawer during a shift, you can produce an X-report. If the Z-report just reset all cash register transactions, the X-report allows to overview (on the printed report) all transactions without reseting the storage memory of the fiscal printer.
* you can print a Zero-check to check the operability of the fiscal printer and if its date and time were set correctly.
Using a cash register
It’s the waiter (cashier) who usually opens and closes the shift. To open a shift, proceed as follows:
- Generate a Z-report (if it was not done at the previous shift closing).
- Print a zero-check to check the operability of the fiscal printer.
- Deposit a float in your cash drawer.
Z-report (report with clearance) is a summary report on the current cash drawer shift. When you generate a Z-report, you are ending the current cash drawer session and starting a new one. It is recommended to run this operation at the end of a day or shift. You will find more detailed information in the section Closing a shift.
After you press the Z-report button, the program will check if any fiscal printer is connected to this tablet (point of sale).
If the program doesn’t detect any connected fiscal printers, you will need to print a zero-check.
It is recommended to start a till day by printing a zero-check. Successful executon of this operation shows the operability and availability of the fiscal printer. To print a zero-check, all you have to do is to press the Zero check button. If the printing is satisfactory, the fiscal printer will deliver the zero-check. In case the printer is not connected to the workplace or is switched off, an error massage will be displayed.
Just before the zero-check printing, the system checks the time on the fiscal printer and the current system time (on the tablet), if they don’t coincide, the corresponding massage will be displayd.
- Please pay attention that you can synchronize the time only when the shift is closed, i.e. when the Z-report on the previous day has already been printed and no checks on the current day have been delivered yet.
- A zero-check printing it is a kind of test operation delivering an empty check on the fiscal printer and opening a cash drawer.
If this check was not printed, you have to check the connection settings of the fiscal printer.
Depositing cash in the cash drawer:
- Deposit a float in the cash drawer. Press the Deposit cash In the dialog window Do you really want to deposit cash?”, enter the appropriate amount (if necessary, add comments) and press Enter (V)
- Once you do it, a check on cash deposit will be printed on the fiscal printer. At close of a day, you will have a printed Z-report on the beginning of the shift in hand proving that you do not have any open sales and checks on cash deposit in your cash drawer. You must keep all these documents till the end of the shift and deliver them with the shift end documents to the accounting department.