You can find a product card in the Administration panel\Products\Products and dishes.
We use the Products term as a general designation for Goods, Ingredients, Dishes, Semi-finished products and Services.
Product card fields are intended to specify:
- Products are common goods that you can sell or buy. Products don’t have any job order cost card. They can be determined as ingredients of dishes or semi-finished. As soon as a dish is sold, the sold quantity of products is written-off automatically by the Products write-off document.
- Ingredients are components of dishes or semi-finished products. Ingredients are not visible on the tablet as it is supposed that they cannot be sold. If you need to sell ingredients, set the Type value equal to Products in the Products card
- A Dish is made of Products and Ingredients (Chicken Kiev and Blueberry Martini cocktail) and it can be sold. Dish components are defined on the Job order cost card tab. After being sold the Dish components are written-off by the Food services production document. If a Dish is composed of another Dish or Semi-finished product, the components of these ones will be also added to be written-off.
- Semi-finished products are the same as Products. This kind of category was created to easily distinguish dishes from semi-products.
- Services represent intangible goods that can be sold and bought. But when a service is sold or bought, no warehouse movement is generated.
- Selling price is a price written by default in the Price list (Menu) of the tablet. The price is indicated for a base unit. In the Price list (Menu) you have the possibility to set a price other than the one indicated in the Products reference book.
- Barcode allows you to simplify products selection when executing selling or werahouse operations.
- Weight items, this field defines if it’s necessary to input weight for products being sold. It can be used both for weighted and draught products.
- Not present in price list, this field is intended to make products invisible in the Price list (Menu) of the tablet.
- Min. stock balance represents a minimum products stock that must be in the warehouse. If a Stock balance drops under the minimum quantity, the corresponding line will be highlighted in red in the Stock balance and Products stocks movements report.
- Recommended balance represents a products balance while achieving of which it is recommended to produce a request. If a Stock balance drops under the reccomended quantity, the corresponding line will be highlighted in yellow in the Stock balance and Products stocks movements report
Last receipt price value can be defined automatically by the Products receipt document or it can be set manually. This field is used to define a product’s price during writing-off or calculation of a dish’s cost price when this product is absent in the stock balance and it’s impossible to determine its average-weighted price.