1.Manual Discount by QR code
2.Automatic discount per time for a group of products
3.Automatic discount per product category
4.Promotion 2nd drink for free
5.Automatic discount on all products except for a particular group
Lesson 5. Creating and setting up the second establishment
Our task is to create a cappuccino product using such ingredients as coffee, milk, sugar and a cup
- Creating a new establishment
- Creating and setting up user’s rights for the second establishment
- Selling dishes in the new establishment according to the shared price-list
- Creating a separate Menu (price-list) for the new establishment
- Selling dishes according to the new Menu (price-list)
Our task is to create a cappuccino product using such ingredients as coffee, milk, sugar and a cup
- Creating product groups
- Creating ingredients
- Creating dishes
- The formation of calculation cards
- Selling dishes to the tablet
- View Results sale – reports and closed orders
- Run SmartTouch mobile application on your tablet. Enter your login and password that you have recived after registration and the user’s PIN code (by default it’s 1)
- Go to the Sales screen to draw up an order:
• Select items on the left side panel: Menu (products\dishes). Items of the Menu or Price list will be located under the buttons containing names of the menu groups and they will appear in the order that was defined in the Administration panel: Products\Price list items.
• Specify quantity
• Confirm payment
You can find more detailed information about how to get started with the mobile application here.
To configure your printer, go to the Administration panel: Settings\Printers\Create
• Specify your printer’s name, for example «Bill (guest check) printer» or «Printer in the meat shop».
• Choose your printer’s model
• Specify an IP address for your network printer
You can set your printer’s IP address by using a special utility supplied with the printer.
The IP address must be on the same network as the tablet.
After you finish working with the printer’s settings on the tablet, you have to sign out and then sign in once again to the application.
To print guest checks, choose your printer in Settings\Establishments\Printer: «Bill (guest check) printer».
To print preparation tickets (kitchen checks), specify the appropriate printing category for each dish.
For example, if you need to print orders for dishes on the printer installed in the kitchen and for cocktails in the bar:
Products\Products and Dishes\…Dish… «Chicken Kiev»\Categories\Print.Category: «Printer in the kitchen»,
Products\Products and Dishes\…Cocktails… «Blueberry Martini»\ Categories\Print.Category: «Printer in the Bar»
If you need to get rid of old test orders before getting started and to save initial settings:
• delete orders in the Administration panel: Orders\Delete
• and to delete orders remained on the tablet in the mobile application: Main menu\Settings\Database\Clear orders button
To change a user in the Mobile application:
- go to the screen of locking and authorization, tap the button with the lock icon located in the upper-right corner of the application.
- input a PIN code of a new user.
To perform the inventory count, go to the screen Warehouse\Inventory of the mobile application and proceed as follows:
* Click the “New document” button and set the date and time for the inventory count, if necessary add comments.
* Perform the inventory count of the products’ remaining quantity by selecting an item in the menu (the right part of the screen) and entering its actual quantity.
If you have a scanner connected to your tablet, you can choose an item by scanning its barcode.
The list of items with their actual quantity will be saved in a new inventory document situated in the left part of the screen.
To switch to another inventory document, use the toggle button Products\Documents.
* Once you have completed entering all actual remaining quantities of product items in the warehouse, click the “Post document” button. All information about the inventory count will be immediately transferred to the cloud and displayed in the form of a document in the Administration panel – Warehouse\Inventory section.
* To compare the actual and expected remaining quantities of products in the warehouse, open the inventory document in the Administration panel using the link Warehouse\Inventory.
The Copy button allows creating a copy of the inventory document with the purpose of its further updating.
The Delete button allows deleting the document, if it has not been posted yet.
The menu button […] allows editing the moment and comments of the document, if it has not been posted yet.
To start working with receiving papers, choose the Warehouse\Products arrival menu option.
Depending on the switch mode, Products or Documents, the Products arrival window changes its form functioning mode:
The Products mode allows working directly with a receiving paper, i.e. to create, to edit or to copy a receiving paper.
The Documents mode allows working with the list of receiving documents.
When using the Products mode, the list of products is situated in the left part of the screen, and the products selection menu is in the right part.
To create a new document, click on the New document button and choose a Supplier in the displayed dialogue box. If it is necessary, specify additional information like number, comments, date (time) of the document. The receiving paper will be filled in with products if you click on the corresponding buttons of the products selection menu.
You can edit the products list as many times as you need until the document is posted (you did not click on the Post document button). Once you click on the Post document button, the document will be saved in the Cloud database and will become available in the Administration panel\Warehouse\Products arrival screen to work with.
To create a new document, click on the Copy to a new doc button, thus a new document will be created and it will be a complete copy of the source document. This new document can be edited.
The Reverse documents button is used when you need to cancel the posted document. When you click on it, a new document is created automatically with the same product items as in the reversed document; however the products quantities will be negative.
In the Document mode the list of receiving papers is displayed in the right part of the screen. The list of documents is filtered by date. The filtering period is displayed just above the list of documents. If you click on it, a calendar wizard will be called allowing to modify this period.
When navigating the list, product items of the document will be refreshed in the left part of the screen.
Yes, the full version of the application is available for iPad.
The program defines the most popular Dishes (Products) based on the sales statistics for the last 30 days.
It means that the program will offer Dishes or Products in the Popular section according to these data
Orders can be split by rearranging order items or a separate order can be created for each customer.
Call dialogue separation of the order:
– from window “Open orders” – in the press in a table cell “Open orders” and choose the menu option ‘Separation of the order”
A dialogue box will be displayed requiring to input a restaurant room and its table:
Once you have selected a table, proceed to dispatching dishes between the orders.
On the left side of the screen you can see the items of the order being split, and on the right side the order which all these dishes will be added to.
Simply use arrows to move dishes between orders.
When ordering meals accounted matching dishes for guests in the window division order the indication guest rooms and additional controls allow you to quickly divide order
Barcodes are used to identify Products. That’s why we recommend to equip each workplace with barcode scanners to increase work speed and avoid errors while inputting products nomenclature. Values of all products barcodes are set on the Products detail screen in the Administration panel\Products\Products and dishes.
To input a barcode, move the cursor to the Barcode field and scan the barcode label applied to products or their packing cases.
Barcodes scanners can be connected to:
* a device which an establishment Administrator is working on in the Administration panel (laptop or PC). As an example you can use a scanner for products arrival quick processing.
* a tablet (Use for sales)
Based on the connection type, you can use a
* USB scanner
* Bluetooth scanner
* tablet camera (under development)
SmartTach POS technology offers you the possibility to work in the Mobile Application on the tablet even without Internet but in this case keep in mind the following particularities:
* Once you run the application on the tablet, the status of the directory (tables with settings) will correspond to the last synchronization with the Cloud.
* During this period of offline work, all products supply requests as well as the information about sales will be accumulated on the tablet.
* Documents exchange between the tablet and the Administration panel will be executed automatically as soon as the Internet connection becomes available
* Nevertheless the Internet connection is absolutely mandatory during the first launch of the Mobile Application on the tablet.
You can access reports of the mobile application through the Reports menu options.
Here the following types of reports are available:
Per payment types over a period: Payment method, Orders Amount, Sum, Average check
By orders over a period with grouping per checks:
Group of the check heading: Date and time (of the check), Oder ID, Author (Salesperson, waiter), Quantity (number of items in the check), Amount (of the check), Comments.
Check content (items): Products (Products designation/Dishes), Quantity, Amount
Per payments over a period: Date and time (of the payment), Payment ID, Author, Payment (Article of cash movement), Amount, Comments.
Per discounts over a period: Date and time, Order ID, Owner of the discount, Quantity, Discount %, Discount, Amount
Actions Log represents a log journal of the mobile application’s users: Date and time, Action, User, Comments, Order, Item.
There is also a possibility to set a filter by events type.
Sales report over a period and here you have the possibility to configure reports sections (sub-summary groups): Payment type, Waiter, Table, Order, Dish.
You can view sales by setting the period From and To (Date and time) with the help of the calendar widget or using the arrows in the upper-right corner of the screen.