“Everyone pays for his own food”, this solution was implemented on the POS-terminal for a group meal when people want to share the cost of the bill. It’s easy: when creating an order, don’t forget to indicate the number of guests and link the ordered dish with the guest who will pay for it. This information will be displayed on the preliminary check.
Functionality allows you to store information about the distribution of the ordered dishes among the guests (who had ordered).
When you create an order, specify the number of guests at the table.
If guests will be more than one, on the tablet in the mobile POS – terminal in the list of food icons appear in the form of men.
Click on the icon and select the icon with the number of guests
Information on the distribution of food among the guests will be printed in an Kitchen check
eMenu is an interactive communication system between customers and an establishment, an easy way to use tablets to accept customers’ orders.
- It takes less time to complete orders
- It improves efficiency of waiters work, decreases staff’s load and saves time
- It improves order’s accuracy, excludes mistakes when choosing or ordering dishes
- Transparent orders accounting mechanism allows excluding orders scam
- It increases establishment’s income and profitability
How does eMenu work? It’s very simple. Clients of the establishment use a tablet with special emenu software installed on it instead of a common paper menu.
This software will allow customers:
- to have a detailed look at the offered range of dishes, drinks and beverages of the establishment. Besides pictures and prices, dish’s information may be accompanied by complementary details such as its popularity, weight, energy value, approximate time of preparation;
- to match an order to a certain amount for low-budget customers;
- to choose dishes, drinks and beverages for a group of several customers and split them into separate orders by following some specific features, for example, individual payment or one pays drinks for his friends;
- to control orders advancement;
- to control expenses;
- to call a waiter
Once the customer validates his order (the “Create an order” button), it will become available for further processing on the waiter’s POS-terminal tablet.
If desired, the waiter has the possibility to edit customer’s orders on the POS-terminal, thus, for example, he can add new dishes or change the ordered ones. Information about such modifications will be automatically updated in eMenu on the customer’s tablet
To use the mobile application “Electronic menu” SmartTouch eMenu, select the check box Administration Panel\Settings\Outlets\Card\Use SmartTouch eMenu
Only tablet’s users assigned to the group of local users and for whom the flag Access to closed orders (Administration panel\Access\Tablet User Groups) is set, can modify a payment type of the closed check.
If you need to modify a payment type of the closed check on the tablet:
- go to the section Closed orders, find your order and tap the Open button
- specify a reason of the check opening (Error, Customer demand)
- find your order in the list of open orders and close it once again but using the correct payment code
A correct balance in the cash drawer is to be determined in case of inconsistences between cash balance in the Cash register sceen of the Mobile Application and the one displayed in the Administration panel\Reports\Cash report screen.
To adjust your cash balances:
- in the Cash register screen of the Mobile Application tap the Cashe Depositing button and enter an amount matching the actual cash amount present in the cash drawer.
In case of working with cashiers’ shifts, the program will propose to enter an actual balance of the cash drawer while closing a day.
- in the Administration panel: Orders\Cash correction set the value equal to the difference of the actual cash amount present in the cash drawer and to the totals shown in the Administration panel\Reports\Cash report.
You can use the following operating modes of till:
- Till shifts
- Without Till shifts (by days)
If you need to work in the Till shifts mode:
— clear the flag in the Administration panel: Settings\Establishments\Manual closing of Till shifts
— set the flag in the application SmartTouch POS: Main menu\Settings\Manual closing of Till shifts
After having modified the operating mode settings of the till, sign in once again to the application SmartTouch POS.
Woking in the SmartTouch POS application while in Till shifts mode, the Close the current Till shift and open a new one button will become available.
Till operations are performed in the Mobile application\Cash section. You can perform the following operations:
- Close the current shift and open a new one: While closing a Till shift, the program will display an imputed balance in the cash drawer and propose to enter an actual balance. If the actual balance is not equal to the imputed one, the program will create an adjusting transaction. The results of this transaction will be displayed in the Administration panel: Orders\Cash register correction and Finance\Cash Report.
- Internal payment: Use the Cash depositing button.
- Internal withdrawal: Use the Cash withdrawal button.
- Outgoing payment represents the payment for the Products arrived to the Point of sale.
- Produce X-report: Use the Daily X-report button.
You can add comments for each cash register operation. These comments will be visible both in reports and in the list of orders on the Administration panel screen.
If you press the POS-terminal block on the tablet, then when you enter the PIN code to access the mobile app in the “Auth” button will appear allowing the user to complete the current shift.
The sales results you can see:
* in the mobile application:
Reports\By payment methods
Reports \By checks
Reports \By selling
Buttons with left\right arrows allow selecting a day of selling (previous\next) to overview.
* in the Administration panel: Finance\Cash Report
If you work with a fiscal printer:
* You will have to generate a Z-report. This report type is used by the fiscal authorities to control entrepreneurs activities. A cashier generates a Z-report at the end of his\her shift to collect the cash drawer and transfer the total to the administrator (if there is one).
After printing the Z-report, the cashier removes the cash from the cash drawer. Z-report data are recorded in the cash book:
— Z-report number
— cash total at the beginning of the workday (Shift)
— cash total at the end of the workday (Shift)
— sales revenue per Shift
— report generation date
— payments on a clearing basis
* to track each cash drawer during a shift, you can produce an X-report. If the Z-report just reset all cash register transactions, the X-report allows to overview (on the printed report) all transactions without reseting the storage memory of the fiscal printer.
* you can print a Zero-check to check the operability of the fiscal printer and if its date and time were set correctly.
Using a cash register
It’s the waiter (cashier) who usually opens and closes the shift. To open a shift, proceed as follows:
- Generate a Z-report (if it was not done at the previous shift closing).
- Print a zero-check to check the operability of the fiscal printer.
- Deposit a float in your cash drawer.
Z-report (report with clearance) is a summary report on the current cash drawer shift. When you generate a Z-report, you are ending the current cash drawer session and starting a new one. It is recommended to run this operation at the end of a day or shift. You will find more detailed information in the section Closing a shift.
After you press the Z-report button, the program will check if any fiscal printer is connected to this tablet (point of sale).
If the program doesn’t detect any connected fiscal printers, you will need to print a zero-check.
It is recommended to start a till day by printing a zero-check. Successful executon of this operation shows the operability and availability of the fiscal printer. To print a zero-check, all you have to do is to press the Zero check button. If the printing is satisfactory, the fiscal printer will deliver the zero-check. In case the printer is not connected to the workplace or is switched off, an error massage will be displayed.
Just before the zero-check printing, the system checks the time on the fiscal printer and the current system time (on the tablet), if they don’t coincide, the corresponding massage will be displayd.
- Please pay attention that you can synchronize the time only when the shift is closed, i.e. when the Z-report on the previous day has already been printed and no checks on the current day have been delivered yet.
- A zero-check printing it is a kind of test operation delivering an empty check on the fiscal printer and opening a cash drawer.
If this check was not printed, you have to check the connection settings of the fiscal printer.
Depositing cash in the cash drawer:
- Deposit a float in the cash drawer. Press the Deposit cash In the dialog window Do you really want to deposit cash?”, enter the appropriate amount (if necessary, add comments) and press Enter (V)
- Once you do it, a check on cash deposit will be printed on the fiscal printer. At close of a day, you will have a printed Z-report on the beginning of the shift in hand proving that you do not have any open sales and checks on cash deposit in your cash drawer. You must keep all these documents till the end of the shift and deliver them with the shift end documents to the accounting department.
To set up the display order of the payment methods, go to the Administration panel\Settings\Payment method\Sorting order field.
On the tablet payment methods are sorted in increasing order depending on the value of the Sorting order field in the Sales screen.
It means that if you enter 1 for the “Cash” payment method and 2 for the “Cred.card” payment method, in the Sales screen the payment methods will be displayed in the following order: Cash, Cred.card.
However in the mobile application settings if the checkbox “Set the default payment type” is checked but you have not chosen any payment method yet, then the payment method with the lowest value of the Sorting order field, in our case it’s “Cash”, will be substituted in the dialogue box of payment confirmation (it is displayed after you click on the Pay button).
Moreover, if the checkbox “Set the default payment type” is not checked in the mobile application settings and you have not chosen any payment method yet, the application will not allow you executing payment by displaying the corresponding error message: “Error. Please select a payment type”.
Selecting a payment method is mandatory as it allows avoiding operator’s random errors.
In the Administration panel:
* Create and set up rights for the groups of users (Cash register clerks, Administrators, Waiters) in the Access\Tablet user Groups screen
* Assign tablet Users to the corresponding Users Groups in the Access\Tablet users screen
To create new users, go to the Administration panel: Access\Tablet users.
PIN-codes are used to identify users, thus they should be input in the Password field.
Access rights of the tablet’s Users (Waiters, Salespersons) are defined by their users’ groups membership, for example, «Waiters».
PIN-code usage allows:
* a waiter to work only with his orders.
* keeping sales records and working hours of each waiter (salesperson).
To sign in to the program on the tablet, you should enter Establishment Administrator’s login and password (provided in the registration mail) or from the Administration panel: Access\Admin panel Users. Next time you enter the program, it will remember your login and password. In future you will just have to input PIN-codes of the tablet’s Users.
Use the menu Settings\Connection “You logged in as.. Log out” if you want to change the Establishment Administrator you used to log in.
If you need to edit the administrator’s profile, use the Administration Panel: Access\Admin panel Users.
You can add or modify the tablet’s Users (Waiters, Salespersons) in the Administration Panel: Access\Tablet users.
To set up access rights for the tablet’s Groups of Users (Waiters, Salespersons), use the Administration Panel: Access\Tablet Users Groups.
If any problem occurs on your tablet and you cannot solve it by yourself, proceed through the following steps:
* Log in to the application as an Establishment Administrator
* Describe as completely as possible the problem heart in the field Support\Send a question to support and tap the Send button.
* Then go to the Main menu\Settings\Database\Send database to the support and the support team will look into the problem immediately.
If orders created on the tablet are not visible in the Administration panel\Orders, you have to check:
* Internet connection availability on the tablet: try to open any website in your browser (for example http://smarttouchpos.eu/en/).
* Connection availability between your tablet and the Cloud: tap the button with a cloud icon on the tablet in the section Closed orders, and the program will execute a forced upload submission.
If Internet and Cloud connections are ok, but Orders have not appeared in the Administration panel yet, you need to send your database to the support service (on the tablet: Main menu\Settings\Database\Send database to the support ) and we will determine and solve the problem.
The Guests window displays the list of standing customers and allows to:
* keep records of guests and their contacts
* control justification of a discount offering
* check card holders against their photos
* keep records of standing guests’ preferences
Use the application’s main menu to go to the Guest window.
1.Manual Discount by QR code
2.Automatic discount per time for a group of products
3.Automatic discount per product category
4.Promotion 2nd drink for free
5.Automatic discount on all products except for a particular group