To configure your printer, go to the Administration panel: Settings\Printers\Create
• Specify your printer’s name, for example «Bill (guest check) printer» or «Printer in the meat shop».
• Choose your printer’s model
• Specify an IP address for your network printer
You can set your printer’s IP address by using a special utility supplied with the printer.
The IP address must be on the same network as the tablet.
After you finish working with the printer’s settings on the tablet, you have to sign out and then sign in once again to the application.
To print guest checks, choose your printer in Settings\Establishments\Printer: «Bill (guest check) printer».
To print preparation tickets (kitchen checks), specify the appropriate printing category for each dish.
For example, if you need to print orders for dishes on the printer installed in the kitchen and for cocktails in the bar:
Products\Products and Dishes\…Dish… «Chicken Kiev»\Categories\Print.Category: «Printer in the kitchen»,
Products\Products and Dishes\…Cocktails… «Blueberry Martini»\ Categories\Print.Category: «Printer in the Bar»
If you need to get rid of old test orders before getting started and to save initial settings:
• delete orders in the Administration panel: Orders\Delete
• and to delete orders remained on the tablet in the mobile application: Main menu\Settings\Database\Clear orders button
To add a new user, go to the Administration panel: Access\Tablet Users\Choose an Establishment Administrator\Create and enter the following information in the user’s file:
• Name: user’s name
• Group: Local groups of users
• Password: PIN-code (use only digits)
To get started quickly in the Administration panel, enter a minimum amount of information in the sections:
- Products\ Products and Dishes
- Access\Tablet Users
For a restaurant with waiters:
- Settings\Restaurant\Restaurant rooms
- Products\Printing categories (If you plan to print preparation tickets and guest checks)
To complete the program set up for en establishment, you should fill the additional sectons in
In the Warehouse\Products arrival screen of the administration panel, create a document with an empty counterparty.
In the Administration panel: Settings\Payment methods\Create
When creating a new payment method, the following fields are mandatory for input:
• Name: Name of a new payment method as it will be displayed on the tablet
• Type: It defined the type of this payment method
• Sort by: This field sets the sorting order for the Payment screen on the tablet.
If the Establishment is intended to work with a Price list (Menu) that is other than the current one, you can create a new price list in the Administration panel:
• Press the Create button in Products\Price list
• Fill this new Price list in with products:
Products\Price list items, here select your new Price list and use the buttons “Create Group” and “Create item”.
- Set you new price list for the establishment. In the Settings\Establishments screen, find your establishment name, then press the Modify button and check the Price list field.
You can create a new establishment in the Administration panel. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Go to the Settings\Establishments\Create
- Select the corresponding Price list for your new establishment
- Select a warehouse in the field «Warehouse by default to write-off sales».
Appoint an Establishment Administrator:
The Administrator must be able to manage your new establishment, that’s why you should create a login for him:
Administration panel: Access\Admin panel Users\… Create a new user [an establishment Administrator]:
Select your new establishment.
If you need to create a new tablet User for your new establishment, first of all prepare the tablet to work with the cloud:
• Install the SmartTouch POS application from Google Play Market or AppStore
• Log in to the SmartTouch POS application using the login of your new administrator
• Run the mobile application on the tablet and enter the User’s (waiter, salesperson) PIN-code.
Acces permission of a Mobile application user depends on his\her assignment to a certain Local group of users.
In the Administration panel: Access\Tablet Users
Specify a corresponding group in the card of a local user.
If necessary, create a new local group of users or modify the settings of the actual one in the Administration panel: Access\Users Groups.
The Products list is located in the Administration panel\Products\Products and dishes. Please notice that the “Products” term is a generic one for Products, Ingredients, Dishes, Semi-finished products and Services.
For purpose of designation commonness, all Products are commonly referred to as Items in the software.
Items are located in the Products groups. To make products search easy-to-use, the structure of Products groups was made hierarchical, it means that some other groups may be found inside the main Group. You can create your own group structure and fill it with Items depending on your business activity needs.
The Create a Group button is designed to create a new group of Items.
The Parent field defines a (Parent) group one step higher in the hierarchy which contains the current Group.
To navigate between groups, double-click on the group.
The Create Item button is designed to create a new item (Product card). When creating an item, its group’s value will be defined in the Parent field. You can change the value of the Parent field any time you need it.
To create similar Items, you can use the Copy menu option. The Copy menu option is available once you click on the button with a gear-wheel icon located in the right part of the items list.
Watch Video lesson 1 showing how to work with products list.
The Import from csv-file button calls the dialogue window allowing to upload Items from an external file.
Button Export to Excel – to store in external files tables: Productions, Calculation cards, Technology cards.
The Products search field filters the list of items according to the field’s value.
You can add products images to the buttons of the products selection menu by using the Photos upload button in the Administration panel: Products\Price list items. The Photos upload button is located in the right part of the hierarchical list of the price list items.
To view changes on the tablet, you need to re-login to the mobile application
SSetting Information about the company going in the Administration panel\Settings\About.
On the “About” you can save the basic information about the Company:
* set the company logo to display the file selection dialog, click logo set. Select the file with the logo, click the “Save”
* To upload a photo, click “Add Photo”
You can write-off products in the Administration panel:
* Products without recipe are written-off on the Warehouse\Products write-off screen.
* Dishes with recipe are written-off on the Warehouse\Production catering screen.
If you want to write-off products automatically, set the corresponding flag in the Administration panel: Settings\Accounting policy\Write-off automatically. Thus products will be written-off automatically after every selling.
Press the Generate writing-off sales button on the Warehouse\Products write-off screen or on the Warehouse\Production catering screen and the corresponding products will be written-off as of pressing this button.
If there is a product balance in the warehouse, it will be written-off with an allowance for its average-weighted price.
If there is no balance and writting-off into the red is authorized (the flag is set Settings\Accounting policy\Allow to write-off if product balance is absent), the program will write-off at the last receipt price. The receipt price is defined in the Administration panel: Warehouse\Products arrival.
You can find the list of available printers (network, bluetooth and usb) in the printer’s card: Administration panel\Settings\Printers\Printer type field.
Actually, the list of printers models (both for Android and iPad) working with the program is much larger than the list present in the printers card.
To check the compatibility of a new printer, send us the name of its model
The Production catering document is located in the Administration panel\Warehouse\Production catering
There are two possible modes of writing-off:
- Write-off mode: in this mode, the warehouse stock will be written-off on actual basis of dishes sales. A writing-off document of sold dishes is created automatically and includes the calculation of a cost price for each ingredient which the dishes were made of.
If you press the Generate writing-off on sales button on the Warehouse\Production catering screen, only documents for writing-off by sales will be created.
- Production mode: in this mode, dishes and semi-finished goods production will be written-off on actual basis.
For production records, you have to go to the Administration panel: Products\Products and Dishes…
* and in the Production warehouse field, define a warehouse where the dish will be used after being made.
* and in the Recipe section, define the ingredients composition that are essential for a dish making.
After being made, the Dish comes to the production warehouse at cost price according to the job order cost card. Its composition ingredients are written-off accordingly.
If the Dish is moved to another warehouse for further selling, it will be recorded and written-off as a Product (without job order cost card) at the cost price of the production warehouse.
Writing-off documents of produced dishes are created manually in the following way:
- Press the Create button
- In the document card, set the Production mode
- Press the Add row button on the Dish production grid to generate the list of produced dishes.
- Press the Fill button to fill the list of dish ingredients in from its job order cost card.
- Using the Ingredients list, you can modify a dish composition, for example, change products in the production.
If there is a stock balance in the warehouse, it will be written-off with an allowance of its average-weighted price.
If there is no stock balance and writting-off into the red is authorized (the flag Settings\Accounting policy\Authorize writing-off without products stock balance is set), the program will write-off at the last receipt price. The receipt price is defined in the Administration panel: Warehouse\Products arrival